Taking the first step and reaching out for help can be difficult. It is normal to feel uncertain and worry about finding the right therapist, with whom you may go on to share some deeply personal experiences.
In my private practice I work with many aspects of human experience, like difficulties in relationships, loss, bereavement and stress. My aim is to create a safe and accepting space for exploration. My approach to counselling is based on the gestalt approach, mindfulness, trauma informed therapy and eye movement desensitisation & reprocessing (known as EMDR). Change often happens naturally and effortlessly when we find ways to accept ourselves as we are.
If you are going through a difficult time I suggest you contact me via email or phone and we arrange a brief telephone call to discuss whether I can help you. We can then arrange the first session after that. Psychotherapy and EMDR is most effective in frequent arrangements (e.g. weekly for psychotherapy / several times a week for EMDR).
Areas of counselling & psychotherapy I deal with:
Most of my work centres around helping clients to gain a deeper awareness of their emotions and feelings and how they impact on them. There are 3 main areas I specialise in:
Loss, Bereavement and Relationship Breakup
When we lose a loved one, it can feel as our world is breaking apart. Loss comes in many shapes and forms. While most people will get through losses on their own, some get stuck particularly when the loss was difficult to bear. In these instances counselling and psychotherapy can help to move the grieving process on.
Relationship stress often occurs for various different reasons. One of the patterns I see a lot is when clients sacrifice their own needs for the relationship. This inadvertently creates resentment towards the partner, family member or the friend. Resentment often leads to a vicious cycle of stress and when not taken care of to relationship breakdown. Counselling & Psychotherapy can help to unpack these dynamics and help you find ways to deal with relational stress.
Emotional Regulation and Resilience
Emotions and feelings are a complicated. That’s why a lot of people don’t want to feel difficult emotions such a sadness, grief, guilt, shame and many more. This avoidance of experiencing emotions can make matters worse and can lead to depression, anxiety and other stress related mental health problems. I specialise in helping clients developing emotional resilience. My approach is mindfulness-informed and draws from the power of our imagination which can help to reduce stress and increase resilience.
Therapies I offer:
- I am a UKCP accredited clinical psychotherapist and my approach is grounded in gestalt psychotherapy, which is an integrative approach. This means, I draw from other modalities to meet my client’s therapeutic needs.
- I attended extensive additional training in the treatment of trauma. One approach that is highly effective and recommended by NICE is EMDR.
- I work from a trauma informed approach which means I utilise neuroscience and mindfulness in my practice. This is in particular helpful for the treatment of high levels of stress.
- I am currently expanding my clinical practice with additional training in couples counselling to meet the need for English and German speaking therapists in the Marbella region.
- I also speak German. Mehr Informationen zur Psychotherapie auf deutsch.